Apply for a Grant
HOW TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
Luke 10:2: Jesus was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.”
In many parts of the world Christianity is exploding and the harvest is truly plentiful. Unfortunately the means are not available to provide for many whose life ambition is to teach the gospel and teach it with truth and integrity.
The White Rock Fund provides grants to Churches of Christ which have faithful preachers in the field but not the means to support those individuals. All grants are provided to sponsoring congregations; no checks are provided to individuals. Congregations which desire to apply for a grant to supplement their mission budget may make a request in writing to the
THE WHITE ROCK FUND
P.O. Box 180274
Dallas, Texas 75218
Missionaries who apply for a grant must accompany their request with a letter of recommendation from the leaders of the sponsoring congregation.
Applications for grants should include the following 10 items:
1. Name, address, e-mail and telephone number of the sponsoring congregation in the United States.
2. Name of elder, chairman of missions committee, or contact person in sponsoring congregation.
3. Name, address, e-mail and telelphone number of missionary seeking a grant from The White Rock Fund.
4. One or more paragraphs concerning the missionary’s family, educational background, church involvement and missions experience.
5. Condition of the missionary’s health, as well as the health of spouse and children.
6. One or more paragraphs explaining the reason a grant is being requested.
7. Description of the opportunities for the gospel in the mission field being considered.
8. Indication of the amount of grant being requested.
9. List of the missionary’s references.
10.Printed and signed copy of the doctrinal statement of The White Rock Fund (“The Church of Christ”) available on-line (whiterockfund.org) indicating what the missionary believes and teaches concerning all the items included in this statement.